If you’re following our Instagram and Facebook feeds, you know that we have been cooking up another wonderful retreat for you!
This second Finch Makers Retreat on November 6-8th and will be held at the Retreat at Cool Spring, a recently restored historic manor, that sits majestically overlooking the Shenandoah River in the heart of Virginia wine country. The Manor is 6,000 square feet and provides generous social gathering areas as well as a private feel with many sitting rooms and quiet nooks.
What will be so special about this event is that it will be small and intimate. With only 10 women, we will have a wonderful time together working on our craft, eating delicious food, enjoying the scenery from the generous porches, and so much more.
The Manor is situated on a large piece of land that was once a golf course, hence the rolling lawns and multiple lakes and ponds. You’ll be able to explore the many trails in the area by foot or by bicycle (bicycles are available on the premises). We’ll also be providing a Sunday morning Yoga session to send you off refreshed and relaxed! One of the highlights of the retreat will be a planned excursion by bus or limo to some of the area wineries.
So here are the details….
Finch will put on a relaxing and casual retreat with lots of choices to enhance your experience. You can spend all day outside, exploring the grounds, boating in one of the property’s kayaks or canoes, hiking or biking the trails, or you can spend the day lounging in one of the sitting rooms, grazing in the kitchen, or working on a project. Does this all sound great to you?! You can do it all!!
Included in the retreat package is the following:
– 2 night stay in one of the comfortable beds at the Cool Spring Manor (check in is 5pm on Friday, check out is 12 noon on Sunday)
– All meals are included
—->Family style dinner on Friday night
—–>Breakfast of artisan breads from Knead and Know (I’m really excited about this!!), yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit on Saturday + Sunday.
—–>Lunch of gourmet sandwich meats, veggies, artisan bread from Knead and Know.
—–> A warm Fall Meal in the dining room on Saturday night.
—–> Snacks and WINE throughout the day. :)
– Loopy Mango knit along at the Fire Pit on Friday night (optional- yarn not included, though we’ll be offering a discount for retreat attendees leading up to the event)
– Informal Workshops on Saturday and Sunday:
—–> Needle turn applique – though you certainly don’t have to, we think this will be more fun if you join our Carolyn Friedlander block of the month workshop before the retreat… more on that later
—-> Alabama Chanin Stitches- though you certainly don’t have to, we think this will be more fun if you join one of our upcoming workshops or the Alabama Stitch Society… more on that later
—-> Knit along- choose your own adventure!
—–> Hand quilting and hand binding
– Winery Tour on Saturday afternoon – party bus or limo will be provided, wineries will be selected ahead of the retreat.
– 75 minute Yoga Class on Sunday morning
-Bicycles and boats are available for use on the grounds
Sounds pretty great, huh?! I think so too!
Each attendee will select their sleeping arrangement for the event. The following are a few important things to note:
– The age of the manor is quite old- because of this, there are a limited number of bathrooms. There are 2 half bathrooms, and 2 full bathrooms. Retreat attendees will need to share bathrooms.
– We will poll people for dietary needs before the retreat. We’ll do our darndest to accommodate all of your dietary needs.
– The heating and cooling of the manor is central- you won’t freeze in the winter!
-Note that you do not see machines mentioned…. this is a hand work/knitting only retreat.
– If you would like to share a room with a friend, please call our store to register so that we can get you placed in the same room. 703.777.8000
Above: a full sized bed with private sitting area…. 1 Person: $750
Above: The Caretakers Suite, QueenBed. 2 People: $550 each
Above: the caretakers twin room. 2 twin bed: $550 each.
Above: Large Master King Bed Suite. 2 People: $650 each.
Above: River View Room with Queen Bed. 1 person: $900 or 2 people $550 each.
You are welcome to register online (here) or in the store. Call us at 703.777.8000 with questions or to register.